- Written by Ann Billo
- Category: AHG-Articles
- Published: 01 February 2012
- Hits: 1675
Troop FL0912 Joining Award Activities
The following activities must be completed before earning any other award or badge and within the first 90 days of AHG membership.
1. Memorize and agree to live by the AHG Oath:
“I promise to love God, cherish my family, honor my country, and serve in my community.”
2. Understand (E, Pi, Pa – memorize) and agree to live by the AHG Creed:
"As an American Heritage Girl I promise to be: Compassionate, Helpful, Honest, Loyal, Perseverant, Pure, Resourceful, Respectful, Responsible, and Reverent.”
3. Learn the AHG sign and when to use it.
4 fingers with thumb down on right hand with right arm raised
4. Learn the AHG Salute and when to use it.
Sign (as above) above eyebrow at forehead – when saluting the flag
5. Memorize the Pledge of Allegiance.
“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
6. Learn the AHG Mission Statement:
“Building women of integrity through service to God, family, community and country”
7. Present yourself in full uniform. Tell when and where you wear it and agree to follow these guidelines.
8. Complete Requirement #1 of the “Our Flag” Badge (see attached Flag etiquette brochure)
9. Learn the history of AHG. http://www.ahgonline.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=19406
10. Talk with your Unit Leader about safety during Troop Meetings. Understand the Buddy System and other ways to be safe during a Field Trip or Troop Meeting.
11. Have a conference with your Unit Leader. Be prepared to talk about yourself, your family, hobbies, pets. Take this time to get acquainted with your leader.